Dear Sammy,
Tonight is January 8th, 2016. 2 years ago I was in labor. It was terrible. Seriously it sucked and of course you were as stubborn coming out as you are today. Those days that followed were a complete blur. I remember wanting to make sure you were OK and then my most distinct memory is thinking "wow he has huge feet!". You still do. I swear those feet came out at like toddler size 4. You now wear size 8. I can't believe how far you have come and how much you have brought to our lives. We know the terrible twos are going to be a challenge. You are emotional, stubborn but loving, snuggly and love to make us laugh. Today you had to get an "assessment" - long story - but you are fine and the woman told me "Sam is a smart, busy, boy." That's exactly you. You remember the most random things. Today JuJu at daycare told me you were singing a song at lunch, and all of a sudden she recognized that as Hey Jude! You do love that song. I'm sorry and feel guilty everyday that I don't spend more time with you and couldn't be there to see that for yourself. I promise that will change soon.
We want the best for you no matter what we will always love you.
You love to tell us all about Santa, you say your please and thank yous, and you love to say "I want more presents pleasseeee".
You say goodnight to random things it makes me laugh...one night it was night night pizza, one night it was Jam Time, one night it was the stars.
You know how to spell Sam...S...M and recognize letters. I know you love to learn and can't wait to hear more about the world you will see as you can tell us more and more.
You love giving open and closed mouth, usually bogey kisses and we love them. You say "hug" and then snuggle up to us. You love to help cook, clean and do lots of chores and projects. You love your monkey so much. Sometimes you read him books and feed him water. You love to play in the sink and help make mommy her coffee. Clearly I've needed many cups, because once you told daycare after a nap that YOU needed a coffee!
This year you've learned to say some of your and our favorite expressions "I got it" and "excuse me mommy" (while pushing me out of the way).
You've learned to run (not walk), hop like a bunny, point to all your body parts.
You love being tickled, playing star wars and going in your box. You love the ocean and ask when you can go again. I feel so bad that it's winter that I let you watch ocean sounds on my phone.
You love to swim in the pool and just last week you took your own 3 paddles in the pool! You have no fear and will jump in. You don't like to be cold but you suck it up. You still love all things snuggly. ..blankets, robes, stuffed animals. You have to feed your kitty treats and give him a hug. You are very gentle and loving and that makes us proud. You love your family, Grickie, Bubba, Pipi, Papa, Auntie and Uncles. You love animals, going to the farm, picking apples and of course riding tractors!
You have memorized the Little Blue Truck books and many many songs.
You need help with transitions and we like to call you "spirited." You are our wild animal and we love you.
If you read this someday and I hope you do, I want you to know that I've never been more physically and mentally exhausted in my whole life. Sometimes you are really a pain in the ass. You are stubborn and particular about your routine but you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and daddy. You make everyday fun, silly, happy. You are my everything. You're my best friend and I love you. I'm grateful everyday for the blessing that you are.
Happy Birthday to you monkey man, boo bear, Saminal, baby boy.
Love you with all my heart.
Xo Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment