Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Sam's 1st Birthday (posted 6 months later...ooops)





Clearly I missed a pretty big milestone here on the old blog - Sam's 1st birthday! OOPS!

Well in the real world it happened and it was a great time!

The whole month leading up to his bday I basically cried all the time thinking about him turning one and how much our lives had changed. More than anything I had (and still have) this overwhelming feeling of gratitude. Gratitude for an easy pregnancy, a relatively healthy first year and so much support from our family and friends. I feel so lucky and not a day goes by that I don't recognize this. Even when he's being the biggest pain in the ass or has given me 4 stomach bugs, I am still lucky.

ANYWAY enough about FEELINGS, here are some pics!



We did a Where the Wild Things Are theme because Sam is the 'King of all Wild Things'!  Auntie Dbags made super cute signs with the quotes "Inside of us is a wild ONE" and "Sam, the King of all Wild Things"! I love them and they are now in the loft/play area.


My mom made the cake which was so cute and said "We'll eat you up, we love you so!" and we had cute pics of Sam all around and I made a super ghetto boat.

























Sam was pretty apprehensive when it came to his cake, probably because there were 30 people staring at him and he had literally never had sugar before! But he got pretty into it and now, 6 months later he is an expert at snacking on baked goods.

All in all it was a great celebration with tons of our friends and family. I felt like Matt and I needed our own separate party too for holding our shit together for this 1st year! CHEERS to US.




























No comments:

Post a Comment